DOUBLE DESTINY DAILY DEVOTIONAL
Monday 8 July 2019
Proverb 1:30; 9:8-9; Matthew 7:6
WILL YOU PLAY THE FOOL❓
A FOOL is a person who Acts unwisely or imprudently, a silly person. The Bible is full of lessons about foolish people. Sometimes, we may have seen certain type of foolishness. Like one not learning from their mistakes. When we look at the word of God, the Lord gives quite a few characteristics of a foolish person that can help us better understand the behaviour of a fool and learn to avoid certain habits or mindsets.
A further description of a fool is one who does not desire the instructions of Bible and will not adhere to it’s wisdom
CHARACTERISTICS OF A FOOL
1. He speaks too much (Prov. 17:27-28)
2. He puts hope in money (Prov. 11:28, 15:16)
3. He has no self-control control (Prov. 25:28)
4. He engages in slandering (Prov .10;18)
5. He never plans ahead (Prov. 19:2, 14:15)
6. He meddles in the matters of others (prov.26:17)
7. He speaks quickly (Prov. 29: 11 -12)
8. He is stubborn (prov.12:15)
9. Lazy (Prov. 13:4)
10. He is stingy (Prov 28:22)
11. He is easily enticed (Prov. 7:21-23)
12. He repeats mistakes (Prov. 26:11)
Ephesians 5 admonish us to be very careful, how we live, not as fools but as the wise, making the most of every opportunity.
A foolish attitude will betray your person, whether you are a fool or not.
Remember: A Fool has said in his heart “there is no GOD.”
Oh Lord, help me to live by your Word so that I will be delivered from foolishness.
BIBLE READING FOR THE YEAR:
Deuteronomy 32-34; Acts 7:44-60
For counselling and more info contact:
Double Destiny Global Outreach
34 Aba/Owerri Road, P.O.Box 2117 Aba, Abia State Nigeria 🇳🇬
God Bless Your New Week